About the competiton
Registration closed. Season Ended.
STAR WRITER (Search 1) is a literature based competition open to all those who have the skill of writing creative articles or poems based on a topic in malayalam.
To take part in the competition, complete the REGISTRATION and wait for the approval and the further guidance by email.
Rules and regulations
The following rules are applicable to the STAR WRITER competition (referred to herein as 'competition') conducted by or on behalf of abiprayam.com until further notice or until amended.
- The registration is open to all those who are capable of writing literature based articles in malayalam.
- The registrants can be from any part of the world.
- The registration forms are accepted online only through abiprayam.com by submitting the STAR WRITER COMPETITION REGISTRATION FORM.
- The registration forms shall under go verification procedures and awaits the approval by the selection committee. Selection committee shall have the right, at their discretion, to approve the appropriate registrants.
- Such approved registrants are said to be in qualified or approved status (referred to herein as 'competitor').
- The news about the approval as a competitor shall be notified once by phone or email. There shall not be any further attempts if the competitor is away of the contact reach.
- The registration shall be open till(including) 15th October 2012.
- The registrations approved on or before 25th of a month shall be allowed to take part in the competition round for the next month.
- The competitor are allowed to submit their competition articles online from any part of the world.
- On 1st of every month a topic will be announced privately to the competitors by email or through website(login required).
- The completed competition article has to be submitted on or before 15th of every month.
- The submitted article undergoes verification and approval procedures and later are posted at abiprayam.com by the administrator, on 20th of the month.
- In some instances, with or without specific reasons, abiprayam.com shall have the right to disqualify the submitted article.
- The posted article on abiprayam.com shall be open to public voting from on or before 20th of the month to 20th of the next month.
- The competitor shall collect votes in the way of Comments, SMS, Facebook LIKES given by the public.
- There shall be additional votes from the judging committee too.
- The finalists shall be announced by 25th January 2013.
- The elimination of competitors and selection of finalists shall be as per decision made by the judging committee along with the vote count received.
- The finalists shall have a competition on February 2013 of which the judging and decision will be done on a pre announced date in the month of March 2013.
- The prizes for the finalists shall be disclosed later at any time abiprayam.com decides.
- The decision of the Judges over every instance shall be final and unchallengable and in their absolute discretion they may declare void any entry/ vote or the competition itself should they consider that there are no entries reaching a required standard, whereupon they can award prizes or not as they think fit.
- Judges shall have the right, at their discretion, to change the rules of a competition while it is running if it appears to them that it would be equitable or appropriate to do so, including the extension of the closing date whereupon there will be an announcement of any such extension at the first reasonable opportunity.
- No correspondence will be entered into or comment issued on any matters concerning any competition, and no reasons given for any decision made by the Judges.
- All entries must be provided in soft copies well typed and set either in DOC format or PDF formats.
- The entries need to be submitted online through abiprayam.com or any alternate methods mentioned.
- Any illegible, mutilated, altered, corrupted or multiple entry may be disqualified.
- Entries shall be considered asinvalid if they are received any later than the specified closing time (which shall be the Indian date and time).
- Proof of submission or of posting of a form will not constitute proof of delivery and no responsibility will be accepted for lost, corrupted, delayed or mislaid entries.
- Abiprayam.com shall have the following rights over all winning entries: the exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide licence to first publication; and a non-exclusive licence to publish, syndicate, distribute, reproduce and exploit the material in all present and future media and formats and to sub-license these rights to others. Entries, however submitted, will not be returned by Abiprayam.com.
- Abiprayam.com reserve the right to publish the names of the winners and runners-up, and the winning entries themselves, and all winners are required to give their full co-operation to all requests by Abiprayam.com or a promoter in connection with publicity for the competition, their entry, the prize or otherwise.
- There shall be no cash or other alternative to the prizes offered and the prizes are not transferable.
- Abiprayam.com will not be liable for any circumstances beyond its reasonable control that prevent the competition being fulfilled, a winner or winners being chosen, or any prize being taken up or fully enjoyed by a winner. Abiprayam.com excludes liability to the extent permitted by law for any cost, claims or losses howsoever caused that arise by reason of any person's entry into a competition or the award, or non award, to them of a prize. In the event of any error, whether printing, technological or otherwise, which affects the competition in any way, the Selectors/Judges reserve the right to administer the competition as though the error had not occurred.
- If a competitor who directly or indirecty hinders the service or questions the decisions of abiprayam.com, it will be considered as the violoation of the rule.
- It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any updates of these rules, and they acknowledge that any failure to comply with these rules could lead to their disqualification without reasons being given or opportunity for challenge.